Digital Strategy Manager
Our client, a leader in helping philanthropic organizations do their best to advance the common good, is searching for a Digital Strategy Manager to join their team. For consideration, please submit a cover letter with your application to Liz Smith [email protected]
Department: Government Affairs & Strategic Communications
Reports to: Director of Communications & Marketing
The Manager of Digital Strategy serves as a lead on developing and managing all aspects of digital initiatives, including: digital advertising, social media, email marketing, website and the Council’s mobile app. As a data-driven leader, he/she will help shape the Council’s on-going marketing efforts through analytics, creativity and best practice digital solutions. This role will work with the Director of Communications and Marketing to design exceptional digital experiences across all platforms to help maintain and strengthen the Council’s brand awareness. This position also requires the ability to think strategically, work independently and a keen knowledge of developing marketing strategies for unique target audiences to help drive top-line revenue goals.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- A passion for turning data into insightful, actionable stories and recommendations to help the Council reach its unique target audiences.
- Plan, concept and execute, in conjunction with Director of Communications & Marketing, all digital and social initiatives across owned, earned and paid media, with a focus on increasing membership, brand awareness and engagement.
- Drives social media initiatives and content across social channels with support from Marketing Associate.
- Explores and identifies emerging social networks, platforms, and new ways to engage and reach targeted members and/or audiences.
- Stays current and assesses industry, email marketing and social media trends, tools, new platforms, innovations, and best practices.
- Manages vendors to effectively execute email marketing campaigns.
- Track, measure and report performance of digital marketing campaigns and initiatives, assessing effectiveness in achieving goals and objectives.
- Use consumer insights, analysis and segmentation to evolve CRM marketing strategy and drive awareness and engagement.
- Develop on-going platform and campaign analysis and reporting to evaluate the effectiveness of digital initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to strengthen the digital marketing strategy and elevate the user experience across website and mobile app.
- Manage digital marketing deliverables, such as: plans, creative deployment and project calendar tracking
- Work with firm to manage and improve Council website; continuously evolve the front-end web experience into a cutting-edge contact point for the philanthropy industry and the back-end to maintain the highest web standards.
- Apply best practices in search engine optimization, security, accessibility, user experience, and web standards.
- Lead external facing mobile strategy; manage the implementation and delivery of mobile applications to support Council events, educational programs, and other approved initiatives.
- Work with firm to assure the security of Council’s sites, to the best of his/her ability, through proactive site monitoring, consistent application of security patches and certificates, and maintaining a current awareness of trending threats and best practices.
- Maintain privacy standards of data on Council external web properties.
- Work with Council staff to enhance and expand all external facing digital platforms not directly owned by the Communications/Marketing team.
- Work with Membership team on database enhancements for the benefit of integrations and external user experience on digital platforms.
- Continuously evaluate Council websites and database to ensure strategic alignment with organization and proper outgoing communication.
- Review existing web content for timeliness and accuracy of information and images.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of hands on digital marketing and social media experience with project ownership responsibility
- Bachelor degree preferably in Computer Science or in marketing/ communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Web-based content management system (CMS)
- Search engine optimization (SEO) and comprehensive web analytics
- Project management skills
- Solid writing skills, including experience writing for the Web
- Strong organizational skills; great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of personalities, juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience managing corporate web sites
- Proven track record successfully working against aggressive deadlines
- Capacity to keep ahead of current trends and introduce appropriate new web technologies to Council and its membership
- Ability to explain complicated web functions and issues in everyday language
- Familiarity marketing via email and web sites
- Knowledge of content management systems and other technologies to manage and operate web sites
- Management/leadership skills
Annual compensation is $64,000 - $70,000 with an excellent benefits package