About the Foundation
The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 private philanthropic foundations in the United States and the only one focused exclusively on expanding opportunities for people with low income in American Cities. With a $4.2 billion endowment and a staff of over 100 employees, the foundation deploys grants and social investments across arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services and community development. The foundation’s state-of-the-art headquarters maintains an array of energy-efficient, water-conserving and health-promoting systems. The foundation also operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
About the position
The FP&A analyst provides financial planning support to the Facilities and FP&A Director. The position is responsible for supporting a full spectrum of financial analysis and metrics.
The FP&A analyst will have interactions with all teams of the Foundation, cultivating positive working relationships and open communication. The position requires the ability to work through multi-part, and often complex financial analysis and the ability to create data visualizations to clearly and concisely report out information to staff, management and the Board. The FP&A analyst is required to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion.
- Assists with the annual financial planning and budget process, including forecasting and related analytics
- Prepares financial presentations and supporting documentation for Board, Executive Team and others as required.
- Supports monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting process.
- Assists the Facilities and FP&A Director in preparation for regular meetings with departments and departmental leads to review the status of their program, social investments, operational and capital budgets.
- Is the primary contact for the budgetary planning and reporting system including managing the contract, user interface, training, refreshing user guide and rolling out updates.
- Works cross-functionally with the Investments and Program teams to proactively monitor the Foundation’s authorized spending plan and compliance with annual payout requirements,
- Summarizes and presents a large amount of data to management in a clear and concise manner.
- Analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators.
- Supports process improvement efforts including automation of manual processes, updating existing financial models and enhancing the reporting of financial and operational data.
- Performs ad hoc financial analysis, special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to the foundation's vision and values with the ability to demonstrate that commitment in daily interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field.
- Three years of experience in Finance or a related field.
- Knowledge of, passion for, and commitment to the Foundation’s Mission.
- Strong interest in financial planning and analysis.
- Acumen in translating financial analyses into meaningful, actionable end products for managers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact as a team member and with Foundation colleagues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including excellent Excel spreadsheet, modeling and charting capability.
- Hands-on experience with data query and reporting, support of financial applications and experience with system implementation strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently, handling and prioritizing multiple time-sensitive projects; possess a firm commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Strong detail orientation.
- The proven ability to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion.
The application deadline for this position is 11:59pm EST on January 3, 2022
Kresge is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.