About the Foundation
The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 private foundations in the United States and the only one focused exclusively on expanding opportunities for people with low income in American Cities. With a $3.8 billion endowment and a staff of over 100 employees, the foundation deploys grants and social investments across arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services and community development. The foundation’s state-of-the-art headquarters maintains an array of energy-efficient, water-conserving and health-promoting systems. The foundation also operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
About the position
The Grants Management Assistant provides administrative support for Grants Management. This position is primary responsible for the administrative duties and activities that support the overall grant making process within the Grants Management team. This role requires highly professional, customer service skills and frequent interaction (verbal and written) with internal colleagues and external partners, applicants and grantees. The role also provides administrative support to the Director and team. The role requires a commitment to producing high quality, timely deliverables within and across teams and departments; while possessing sound judgement and high attention to detail. The Assistant will need to have the ability to work independently and collaboratively while completing multiple tasks with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the registration process, including updating applicant and grantee information and resolving duplications in the grants management system.
- Conducts document and data management; including and not limited to, supporting updates and revisions to internal processes, workflow and training documents.
- Provides technical assistance on the grants management system for grantees and applicants.
- Responsible for tracking and responding to inquiries in the team’s email box.
- Supports the Foundation’s conflict of interest and annual report processes.
- Schedules internal and external meetings - coordinates the logistics for video, phone or face-to-face meetings.
- Populates the Foundation’s annual grantmaking calendar and confirms appointments for the Director.
- Assists with managing department travel, preparing expense reports, tracking vendor contracts and related payments, and resolving discrepancies with Finance.
- Liaison for the team’s intranet page and supports the tracking of projects for the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to the Foundation’s vision and values with the ability to demonstrate that commitment in daily interactions.
- Associates Degree. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Three years of work experience in a professional office environment, working independently and collaboratively in a matrixed team.
- Must have proven experience handling inquiries and managing data integrity. Experience and knowledge of grants management systems (e.g. Fluxx, GIFTS, etc.) preferred.
- Possess keen attention to detail and displays a strong commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to interact as a productive and supportive team member and with Foundation colleagues.
- Strong follow-through skills with a willingness to learn new tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven experience successfully working with the general public.
- Proven ability to maintain consistent and reliable attendance.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
Application deadline for this position is September 20, 2020
Kresge is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please note: Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all Kresge staff are working remotely, and our Troy and Detroit offices remain closed until further notice. Kresge staff will not be traveling or attending in-person meetings during this time. Thank you for your understanding.