Reports to: IT Administrator
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Foundation for a Just Society (FJS) envisions a world where all people are equally valued and lead self-determined lives. It advances the rights of women, girls, and LGBTQI people and promotes gender and racial justice by ensuring those most affected by injustice have the resources they need to cultivate the leadership and solutions that transform our world.
FJS makes grants to local, national, regional, and global organizations and networks with an emphasis on Francophone West Africa, Mesoamerica, South and Southeast Asia, and the US Southeast. The foundation supports efforts that advance long-term, structural change and meet immediate needs that enable women, girls, and LGBTQI people most affected by injustice to be leaders, strategists, and agents of change.
The IT Help Desk Associate is responsible for assisting the IT Administrator with the management, support, strategy, and execution of IT infrastructure for FJS and through service agreement for other entities including, but not limited to, Felicity House, Nick Simons Foundation, and MJS Foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming inquiries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Diagnose and resolve system errors, network problems, and other computer systems issues.
- Respond to inquiries via chat, email, or phone. Ask questions to determine the nature of the problem and walk staff through problem-solving processes.
- Remotely access hardware or software for staff to make changes and fix problems.
- Follow up with staff to ensure full resolution of issues.
- Install, update, configure, or repair hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install and configure computer peripherals for users.
- Provide entry-level website support – WordPress, image editing, and video editing.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Maintain optimal daily performance of computer systems.
- Monitor operations of devices and systems such as copy machines, NAS, servers, data backups, and antivirus.
- Generate reports to analyze common complaints and problems.
- Request feedback and/or monitor calls and other methods of correspondence to improve support and training methods.
Other Related Duties:
- Train staff members on ways to self-troubleshoot and self-diagnose problems.
- Review training manuals and other IT documentation to suggest edits as needed.
- Stay informed on current related news, trends, and best practices.
- Research and suggest new ways to improve systems.
- Train staff on proper use and best practices for any software and hardware used.
- Ad hoc projects – work with IT Administrator and other departments to assist with their projects, as needed.
Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of two years experience in IT support role.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Apple products including MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone.
- Experience working with Windows and Synology servers.
- Experience working with software packages and platforms such as Microsoft Office, Google Suite, video conferencing solutions, and remote desktop software.
- Working knowledge with networking configuration.
- Strong familiarity with digital security best practices.
- Highly professional and able to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Experience working or volunteering in the women’s human rights and social justice movements and/or philanthropy.
- Associate degree in computer science or related field.
COMPENSATION AND CULTURE
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000, depending on experience.
FJS offers a benefits package that includes:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for all eligible employees and their spouses, domestic partners, and eligible dependents.
- Paid vacation days, and closed Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
- 401(k) retirement plan (with employer match).
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, supplemental short-term disability, and long-term disability.
- Generous parental leave with full salary continuation.
- Educational support benefits – tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, dependent tuition assistance.
- Supplemental benefits for adoption, reproductive health, surrogacy, and transgender and intersex health.
FJS is committed to cultivating an organizational culture where everyone is able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. The foundation believes a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees – no matter their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, education or disability – are valued and respected.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a concise cover letter explaining why this role would be a great fit for you, and your resume in one PDF by June 12, 2020.
All applications must be received via the APPLY HERE link above. No phone inquiries please.