About Funders Together to End Homelessness
Our Mission: Funders Together to End Homelessness will mobilize its members to utilize the voice, influence, and expertise of philanthropy in ways that will advance lasting solutions to ending homelessness, including addressing its underlying causes like structural and racial inequities, and helping create policies and systems that center people with lived expertise.
About Funders Together: Funders Together to End Homelessness is the only philanthropic membership organization devoted to ending homelessness in the United States. We serve as a vehicle for members to be part of a broader movement and bring greater financial and intellectual resources to end homelessness and move toward housing justice, and we support the field of philanthropy by providing critical learning and networking opportunities around best practices and innovation to ensure investments are maximized.
Funders Together is an entirely remote organization, and all staff work from home unless traveling for work. Due to COVID-19, our in-person events in 2021 have been shifted to a virtual format, and we do not anticipate any required travel in 2021 on behalf of the organization.
Membership and Program Coordinator
This position reports to the Director of Membership and Programs and provides administrative support on programming, membership, and resource development activities. This position also supports the CEO by maintaining her calendar and assisting her in supporting the board of directors. This position is full time (40 hours per week) and remote. When it is safe to travel after the COVID-19 pandemic, this position requires domestic travel 6-8 times a year. We encourage people with lived experience of homelessness and/or housing instability to apply.
- Manage the membership renewal process, which includes drafting and sending membership renewal letters, processing payment, updating payment records, and sending thank you letters.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate member and revenue records to review with Director of Membership and Programs and Finance Manager regularly.
- Work with Director of Membership and Programs to on-board new members, including processing payment, sending thank you letters, and updating database and website with member information.
- Schedule member calls that include the CEO
We conduct 2 signature in-person events a year (during COVID-19 this has temporarily shifted to a virtual format), 1-2 webinars every month, and 1-2 smaller funder calls per month.
- Add upcoming programs, webinar recordings, and programming resources to website in a timely fashion.
- Manage registration for webinars and events, including providing registration support and managing registration revenue and fees when applicable.
- Supporting back-end programming logistics, including providing live tech support during webinars, taking notes during calls/webinars, and tracking webinar attendance in our database.
- Provide logistical support to Program Directors for in-person convenings, including assisting with finding meeting space, organizing catering, and assembling materials (such as name tags and meeting packets).
- Maintain and manage a calendar to track grant application and report deadlines and regularly inform CEO and Director of Communications and Policy of grants workflow.
- Keep ongoing prospect list of potential grantors.
- File and execute grant agreements and other related paperwork.
- Draft and track thank you notes for all grants and financial contributions.
- Work with CEO and Finance Manager to accurately forecast and track all income.
- Manage the CEO's calendar by scheduling meetings and calls with external partners and members.
- Schedule board meetings and board committee calls.
- Support CEO in preparation of board meeting packets, board meeting logistics, and communication with board members (4 times a year).
Qualifications and Compensation
- Must be detail-oriented, able to organize a lot of information, and produce work that is accurate, clear, and concise.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with an ability to use them with discretion and tact.
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, while still being committed to teamwork and clear communication with colleagues.
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Based in and able to work in the United States. Given the remote nature of this position, coordinator must be able to maintain their own office and work schedule during core hours, which are currently between 10am – 4pm ET (with some flexibility for West Coast candidates). Candidates from all locations in the US are encouraged to apply.
- Undergraduate degree or 2-5 years relevant work experience in an administrative role.
- Committed to social and racial justice issues and the mission of the organization.
- Experience with customer relationship management software, such as Salesforce, and online tools such as Zoom, Survey Monkey, and Doodle.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills.
This position reports to: Director of Membership and Programs
Compensation: $40,000 – $45,000 salary range for 40 hours a week, plus benefits including:
- 3 weeks of paid time off (increases to 4 weeks after 2 years), 1 floating holiday, 12 paid holidays, and 15 paid sick days
- Paid parental leave and short- and long-term disability leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (80% employer paid), as well as flexible spending accounts (health, dependent care, and commuter)
- 5% employer contribution to 403b beginning the month following one-year work anniversary (employee can contribute immediately)
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume as PDFs to Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs, at [email protected] with “Membership and Program Coordinator, First and Last Name” in the subject line.
Funders Together to End Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive staff. We encourage people with lived experience of homelessness and housing instability to apply.