The Operations Manager (OM) coordinates Leeway’s daily operations and oversees and/or performs a variety of administrative, clerical, and program support activities. The Operations Manager reports to the Program Director with input from the Executive Director.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary operational and administrative contact:
- Primary responsibility for phone coverage.
- Manage general email account ([email protected]).
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the office, office equipment and supplies, and acts as liaison with building management, housekeeping and facilities staff etc.
- Maintain community and conference rooms and virtual meeting reservations and calendar. •
- Coordinate operations and administration to ensure the foundation runs smoothly:
- Support bookkeeping/financial processes, including routine financial transactions (i.e., prepare invoices for payment, review monthly bank statements; coordinate bank deposits and check signing/payment approvals.)
- Support planning and coordinate room or virtual set-up and preparation for meetings and events as needed, including trainings, meetings, and workshops.
- Maintaining files, documents, and shared communications systems. Including hard copy and online filing systems.
- Contribute to design, development and management of organizational systems including Filemaker Pro database, Basecamp, and other online tools.
- Grants and Program administration:
- Coordinate application processing and the production of review panel materials.
- Coordinate logistical details for panel, meetings, events, workshops, etc.
- Maintain database and generate reports as needed including data on grant statistics.
- Participate in staff grant review sessions and panel proceedings, taking detailed notes of review panel deliberations
- When applicable, coordinate travel arrangements for panelists and other guests as required.
- Provide administrative support to Directors as needed.
Required skills and experience
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized and find joy in being the administrative guru for the foundation.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including an ability to communicate well across cultures and to relate effectively to a diverse group of people, e.g., applicants, consultants, vendors.
- Solid technology skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite, strong word processing and spreadsheet skills, and experience with database software (e.g., FileMaker Pro or MS Access).
- Proven time management and problem-solving skills; an ability to thrive working under deadlines and handling multiple tasks without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; and an enthusiastic and collaborative approach to work, a sense of humor, a willingness to learn, and be open to new ideas.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal integrity, striving for excellence, and collaborating with others to achieve new levels of effectiveness and impact.
- English proficiency required. Proficiency in a second language related to grantmaking constituencies desirable (e.g., Spanish).
Compensation: Salary range: $40,000-$50,000. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off, plus holidays, and two organizational breaks each year (summer and winter); medical, dental, vision coverage
Hours: 40 hours per week (On average; may work more hours around events, application deadlines and panel meetings. Some evenings and weekends.) The position is based at Leeway’s office in Philadelphia but due to the current demands of the COVID-19 pandemic we are working remotely until further notice. We hope to return to time in the office in 2022 pending health and safety measures related to the pandemic.
Interested candidates should send:
- A 1-page letter indicating why they are interested and qualified for the position.
- A resume;
- A 1–2-page writing sample; and
- Names of 3 professional references with contact information
Please submit your materials on or before Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 11:59PM EST via email.
No phone calls, please. All will be acknowledged.