Global Philanthropy Project seeks a committed, organized, collaborative person to manage the organization’s fiscal, human resources, and technology operations. This is a full-time position (35 hours/week) remote position with occasional in-person staff retreats or events, reporting to the GPP Director.
Global Philanthropy Project is a fiscally sponsored program of Community Initiatives, which is based in the United States (California).
About Global Philanthropy Project (GPP)
GPP is a collaboration of funders and philanthropic advisors working to expand global philanthropic support to advance the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) people in the Global South and East.
Established in 2009, GPP’s 21 member organizations include many of the leading global funders and philanthropic advisors for LGBTI rights. GPP is internationally recognized as the primary thought leader and go-to partner for donor coordination around global LGBTI work.
GPP is a key source of strategic research and analysis for global LGBTI funders, and plays a central role in convening philanthropists and human rights activists in donor pre-conferences during regional LGBTI convenings, funder webinars, and other events. GPP is organized through a core Executive Committee and a number of thematic working groups, task forces, and advisory groups.
GPP currently has a staff of five, with a creative, collaborative, and goal-oriented organizational culture.
More information: https://globalphilanthropyproject.org/
Operations Management Roles
Fiscal & Development
- Act as primary contact and project manager for the GPP fiscal sponsor, Community Initiatives, including regular meetings with our client services and accounting contacts.
- Support the GPP Director in developing the annual budget, and provide quarterly reports to the Executive Committee in coordination with GPP’s fiscal sponsor.
- Submit and review expense and income documentation including coding and submitting invoices, submitting credit card reports, reviewing fiscal reports, ensuring accurate tracking of grant income and reporting, and other tasks as needed.
- Manage annual membership renewals.
- Steward the development of grant proposals and reports for submission to GPP funders.
- Steward the development of programmatic concept notes, RFPs for project consultancies, and other written materials for GPP fundraising and operations.
- Act as primary contact and project manager for the GPP fiscal sponsor, Community Initiatives, in the coordination of hiring and contracting processes and related logistics.
- Provide administrative support for GPP’s institutional growth and development.
- Act as primary contact and project manager for our tech consultants, overseeing the integrated development of GPP’s website, CRM database, online file sharing, public email communications technology, and member portal.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with best practices for digital security.
- Develop staff training opportunities related to productivity tools.
- Provide communications support via note-taking and documentation of operations-related meetings, and any policy/procedure updates.
- Collaborate in strategic visioning processes.
- Execute the priorities and activities of the GPP work plan.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of GPP activities.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
- 4+ years of professional experience in a related function or role.
- Work authorization in the United States is required.
- Highly organized, with the proven ability to work independently and remotely, prioritize and complete multiple projects, meet deadlines, and maintain consistent attention to detail.
- A proactive and self-motivated problem-solver, excited to develop and maintain infrastructure to support organizational growth
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing fiscal systems, participating in and assisting with budget development and management.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating hiring contract processes.
- Demonstrated experience implementing, managing, and troubleshooting software and digital productivity tools.
- Excellent written communication skills. The majority of GPP’s work is in English, however, multi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
- High level of experience and proficiency with computers and other technology. [GPP uses: Asana, Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, WordPress, CiviCRM, Google Suite, NextCloud].
- Ability to work collaboratively while working remotely.
- Demonstrated commitment to the work and values of Global Philanthropy Project.
This position can be based anywhere in the US.
Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
LGBTQIA+, gender non-conforming people, women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
Salary of $70,000 for 35 hrs a week, with benefits package including fully paid medical, dental and vision and basic life insurance, 401k and 3% employer match, paid vacation and holidays.
Those interested should submit their CV along with a cover letter including an overview of relevant previous experience and knowledge of the issue area, and at least three references.
Please submit a proposal to [email protected]t.org by the submission deadline of 5 pm EST on August 23rd. The GPP team will follow up for interviews by September 15th.
All questions and clarification regarding this request and/or submission should be directed to: [email protected].
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.