You are mission-driven and action-oriented. You love to get involved and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the ongoing development of a superior workforce. This role helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programs; reports to the Associate Director, Culture and Talent, and assists managers with HR issues.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Provide exceptional day-to-day HR-related customer service to staff
- Own payroll processing and benefits administration, auditing and recordkeeping;
- Own employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting; and employee services
- Support full life-cycle of the employee, including but not limited to onboarding, job changes, and terminations
- Support maintaining electronic and paper employee files and the HR filing system
- Manage employee change requests and process paperwork
- Participate in developing and supporting department goals and objectives
- Maintain employee confidence and protect confidentiality of personnel data
- Run personnel reports
- Participate in policy development and documentation
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office
- Special projects as necessary
- Work with the culture team to develop new ways to maintain and enhance the Arabella culture
- Support and track monthly culture events at the firm
- Help coordinate the buddy program
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with processing payroll
- Working knowledge of HRIS and/or benefits programs required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create effective presentations, training materials and/or toolkits
- High level of comfort with data systems, such as HRIS, Salesforce or other databases
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to take a thoughtful approach to addressing challenges quickly, efficiently and without compromising excellence
- Demonstrate sound professional judgment and confidence
- Experience managing high volume of tasks with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, confidentiality, accountability, and emotional intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in human resources; demonstrated interest in the field of Human Resources required
- Experience in a progressive, mission-driven, and entrepreneurial environment is preferred
- Candidates with optimism and adaptability preferred
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- The ability to effectively manage projects, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- The ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance, we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Note: The internal title for this position is Human Resources Manager