Summary PEAK Grantmaking is a vibrant, member-led community of more than 6,500 professionals who specialize in grants management for funding organizations. We elevate the expertise of grants management professionals and foster their collaboration to strengthen the practice of grantmaking. We enable philanthropy to achieve its full potential to fuel change for good. We are the only organization dedicated solely to advancing the “how” of grantmaking.
The Peer Group Specialist manages the operation and growth of PEAK Grantmaking’s peer groups, including our Caucuses, Affinity Groups, and Communities of Practices. The Peer Group Specialist is the primary liaison between the national association and the Affinity Groups and Caucuses, and works closely with the Programs Team to support our Communities of Practice. The Peer Group Specialist communicates PEAK Grantmaking’s strategy and expectations to the peer group volunteer leaders to promote their effective operation and to foster an emergent learning space within the entire membership network.
The Peer Group Specialist also oversees the progress and performance of the peer groups to ensure their platforms are elevated and their voices are heard, and offers needed support for peer groups to be successful, including administrative support along with guidance and advice. The Peer Group Specialist collaborates with the peer group volunteer leaders and the national association to effectively build and maintain peer group sustainability and optimal engagement.
The Peer Group Specialist reports to the Senior Community Engagement Manager.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
Key duties and responsibilities include:
●Ensure PEAK Grantmaking is represented at peer group events to support and liaise with members and listen to member feedback
●Create and share tools, events, and or resources to promote the peer groups consistently to PEAK Grantmaking membership
●Provide peer group co-chairs with monthly membership rosters, updates, and trends to track and encourage member recruitment and engagement
● Working with the Senior Community Engagement Manager, manage recruitment of new and retention of current members in the various peer groups through membership promotion and engagement
● Manage website content, marketing materials, and promotions relative to peer groups, with the Communications Team.
● Working with the peer group volunteer leaders and the PEAK Grantmaking Programs team, support the creation and delivery of effective meetings and events
● Working with the Programs team, develop and implement strategies to consistently collect and track event evaluations and utilize results to continually improve engagement, attendance, and/or outcomes of events
● Develop and foster relationships amongst the various peer group leaders to ensure that the emergent learning platform for networking and engagement is being fulfilled
● Serve as the primary liaison between the peer groups and PEAK Grantmaking to ensure that critical support to the peer groups from various departments is available
● In collaboration with the Senior Community Engagement Manager, plan, create, and conduct annual peer group volunteer orientations for all peer group positions
● In collaboration with the Senior Community Engagement Manager, plan and conduct quarterly opportunities for peer group co-chairs to learn effective practices and updates from one another and PEAK Grantmaking staff (including one in-person meeting at the annual conference and three virtual meetings)
● Incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) into work assignments and department efforts, and work to build personal knowledge and experience in these areas
Strategy and Operations
● Develop and manage communications to and from volunteer leaders to keep members informed and engaged in PEAK Grantmaking’s strategic efforts and to promote their growth
● Create materials and guidance for Affinity Groups and Caucuses, highlighting group/caucus events and opportunities for volunteers
● Collect volunteer leadership information annually from every peer group and make necessary updates in the membership database
● Support the Membership Team in maintaining accuracy of peer group volunteer information in the membership database
● Collect peer group annual plans and year-end reports, and work with the Senior Community Engagement Manager to analyze results, and provide trends to group co-chairs and volunteers
● Support the Membership Team in managing data, records, and reports relating to peer group affiliations in the association’s database
● Perform routine audits of the peer group membership and volunteer lists and follow up on inconsistencies, missing member information, or member changes of employment
● Identify leads for future volunteer roles and investment in PEAK Grantmaking
● Communicate any trends, challenges, opportunities proactively to the Senior Community Engagement Manager
Requirements and Qualifications
● A minimum of 3-5 years proven experience in an association or other nonprofit focused on comparable responsibilities
● Excellent written and public-speaking communication skills
● Excellent time management, project organization, problem-solving, relationship building, and team-building skills
● Volunteer management, training and/or teaching experience is required
● Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
● Experience and proficiency in using collaborative software (specifically Zoom, Asana, SharePoint or similar programs)
● Strong attention to detail, high level of customer service skills
● Intermediate experience working in association databases
● Be flexible, resourceful, innovative, and self-motivated
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and to handle multiple tasks at once
● Ability to work collaboratively and independently
● Ability to work in a remote office and to work with a virtual team
● Discretion and sound judgment on setting and adjusting priorities is required
● Ability to travel is required. Travel for this position could include attending the annual national conference, staff retreats, and member events.
A comprehensive salary and benefits package will be offered. The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000 commensurate with experience.
Location and Work Environment
This position is fully remote. PEAK began offering remote work in 2014 and has committed to an indefinite remote work posture. PEAK will allow you to work at home, on the road, or in a satellite location for all or part of the regular workweek. Many staff are virtual, and you will be required to maintain PEAK’s core working hours from 10am-3pm ET Monday through Friday to accommodate peers across all time zones. You will be required to use collaborative software and video conferencing to stay in touch with co-workers, colleagues, and customers.
Equal opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles of PEAK Grantmaking, where employment and promotional opportunities are based on individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category as established under law.
Résumé: Please indicate your city and state—no street address to protect your privacy—and email and cell phone number.