The Boston Foundation believes that one of the great strengths of the Greater Boston community is the rich diversity of its residents in race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age and physical abilities. The Foundation seeks to enhance and support that diversity, not only by its grant making, but also by adopting and implementing employment policies and practices designed to recognize and respond to such diversity.
The Boston Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experience.
All applications should be submitted online. Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select “Project Manager, Boston Opportunity Agenda” to complete our online application process.
Title: Project Manager
Department: Boston Opportunity Agenda
Reports To: Executive Director, Boston Opportunity Agenda
FLSA Classification: Exempt FTE: 1
Supervises: (1 to 3) Interns
Hybrid Schedule (subject to change): On-site 1 to 3 days a week, Tuesday, Wednesday, and/or Thursday, generally remote work 3 to 4 days a week.
Position Budgeted: $55,000.00 to $62,000.00
The Project Manager will support the implementation and management of projects across the Boston Opportunity Agenda scope of work, which includes projects focused on early childhood education through higher education and workforce development. About 60% the of work will be coordination and facilitation of the Success Boston collective impact network, including the engagement of partnerships across the secondary and post-secondary initiatives. The remaining 40% of the job will focus on developing and maintaining a pipeline for interns to support projects across the scope of BOA work and supporting the executive director with communications and business operations projects. This will likely be, at most, 2-3 interns/year.
This role requires strong project and operational management skills, and a deep commitment and connection to communities that have been structurally and historically marginalized.
Cradle to Career Pipeline:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.