UC San Diego
PROSPECT AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT LIAISON
Salary Range: $59,700.00 - $75,850.00/Year
This position offers a hybrid work arrangement, which includes a combination of onsite and remote work.
Reporting to the Director of Prospect Relationship Management, the Prospect Relationship Management Liaison is responsible for furthering campus wide fundraising efforts by providing and coordinating input on prospect assignment, cultivation and solicitation strategies to Advancement fundraisers. Duties include: direct communication with Advancement fundraisers; adhering to a campus-wide clearance policy that governs solicitations and approaches to prospects; maintaining the integrity of the centralized prospect management database that provides a record of highly confidential prospects contacts and clearance and manager assignments; producing a wide array of prospect and management reports, and providing assistance and support with special projects and activities related to fundraising. The Prospect Relationship Management Liaison's role is to partner with their assigned fundraisers, and provide ongoing service and support by liaising with colleagues in Prospect Development to ensure that the fundraisers have access to the resources they need such as data, analytics, research, and ESP training, to help them build and maintain robust portfolios, and to keep them actively apprised of how their ongoing activities relate to their overall fundraising goals.
• Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
EQUITY, DIVERSITY, INCLUSION
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are core values at UC San Diego and Advancement is committed to a continuous process of learning and updating practices to support systemic evolution toward equity, diversity, and inclusion for our team and constituents. We foster the UC San Diego Principles of Community by encouraging and developing a collaborative and positive environment among colleagues. UC San Diego provides resources and services so employees can develop a deeper connection to our diverse campus community. Explore more at UC San Diego Staff Associations network and Campus Community Centers.
• Bachelor's degree in related area or equivalent experience and/or training. Thorough knowledge of prospect research techniques, tools and data analysis.
• Excellent knowledge of the prospect fundraising cycle. Demonstrated skill in facilitating prospect portfolio discussions.
• Thorough knowledge of confidentiality, regulatory and university policies governing research activities.
• Demonstrated experience advocating for and facilitating fundraising staff collaboration, including meeting with staff to discuss roles of collaboration within relationship management. Ability to work directly with frontline fundraising staff in a liaison structure to provide consistent guidance about prospect portfolio balance and other prospect development topics.
• Proven research and analytical techniques, emphasizing the ability to gather, evaluate and synthesize complex and large sets of data and information from various sources and present information in a clear and cohesive manner. Demonstrated skill in facilitating portfolio review sessions.
• Strong technical skills to utilize and manipulate databases, biographical, financial and other research systems and tools. Ability to extract information and generate reports from complex databases. Familiarity with research data interpretation such as SEC, Real Estate and Compensation documentation.
• Demonstrated experience understanding and managing the dynamic communications between fundraisers’ requests and support team’s services. Demonstrated skill in active listening and interpreting between various and diverse audiences.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (particularly, Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Demonstrated effective management and leadership abilities to direct and motivate professional staff.
• Proven ability to train staff in reviewing performance management reports, predictive modeling results and research findings for discussions with frontline fundraising staff and senior leadership.
• Skill in presenting new analytics, research and/or relationship management reports in a comprehensive, relatable manner. Ability to illustrate solid explanation for concepts and be persuasive.
• High degree of professionalism, ethical sensitivity and discretion; ability to maintain a commitment to confidentiality. Ability to deal with confidential matters with tact and sensitivity. Ability to identify and independently solve problems.
• Excellent analytical, spelling, grammar and math skills. Analytical skills to assess practices and procedures, anticipate problems, formulate logical conclusions, develop alternative solutions, make recommendations and implement changes. Strong ability to provide strategic thinking.
• Strong skills to evaluate issues and identify solutions within defined procedures and policies. Proven ability to address problems and suggest solutions through critical thinking processes.
• Proven ability to manage a project through to completion while performing a wide variety of tasks, adapting to changing priorities, deadlines and directions. Strong ability to set priorities and manage work flow to fulfill objectives and meet goals according deadlines in a high-paced work environment. Ability to proactively communicate to successfully manage and consistently meet expectations of customers.
• Proven track record for providing high-quality customer service. Ability interact with customers in a friendly, professional manner and respond quickly and appropriately to customer requests. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain technical concepts and articulate reasoning behind analyses and recommendations. Active listening skills to understand varying opinions and receive feedback. Interpersonal skills to maintain professional relationships with peers, team members and management.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, to work effectively with faculty and academic leadership, Advancement’s Vice Chancellor, Associate and Assistant Vice Chancellors, and fundraising and other staff throughout the university.
• Demonstrated competency and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Job offer is contingent on clear Background Check.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community - https://ucsd.edu/about/principles.html.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html