An experienced professional who will help Arabella’s client-facing staff leverage Salesforce to launch and manage social sector projects.
If you want the opportunity to work with a fast-growing and entrepreneurial team reshaping the charitable sector, then this job is for you. The Salesforce Technology Manager will support and innovate our Salesforces instance and work with internal teams to optimize their client work. You will be working closely with program staff and other key stakeholders who manage a diverse portfolio of projects focused on affecting national and global change. They will rely on your operations, relationship management and systems expertise to enable their efficiency and effectiveness.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and serve as project manager for Managed Organizations-related Salesforce system enhancements
- Design and lead staff trainings, create related resources and host bi-weekly office hours
- Lead and motivate staff and clients to develop and implement meaningful use of technology, and provide related trouble-shooting support
- Identify patterns in requests, and, where appropriate, propose and implement solutions
- Maintain systems, process documentation, and data quality
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with technology stakeholders across Arabella; ensure understanding of impact across all platforms and teams of system improvements
- Collaborate with broader Arabella Advisors Salesforce team to determine priorities and ensure alignment across the firm
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in technology, business analysis, and/or project management roles
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Salesforce, and how to improve Salesforce processes
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to solve complex challenges by identifying innovative solutions and facilitating coordination with others
- The ability to help effectively communicate difficult written and verbal messages; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various needs; and to coach teammates on crafting content
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills - ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to address complex service matters, implement and communicate service changes to everyone involved, and to coach teammates on how to apply the firm’s service standards
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including encouraging and facilitating effective compromise, drawing on the capabilities of all team members, and leading team-level knowledge sharing
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team and project-level learning, including coaching others
- Experience or interest in philanthropy, nonprofits, foundation operations and management
Other Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Salesforce Certification
- Degree in technology, mathematics, business, finance or another related field
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
About Arabella’s Managed Organizations Team
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation, global health and civic engagement.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here
to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Working with us
While this position must be based in Durham, NC, please note that due to COVID-19, all Arabella Advisors' offices are closed, and we continue to temporarily work in a remote environment. We have a strong firm culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. Once our offices reopen it is our expectation that all staff will generally work from the office according to a schedule agreed upon with their supervisor. We will make Reasonable Accommodations under the guidelines of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
We offer a competitive and holistic total rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and benefits. Our base salaries are based on a blend of similar sized organizations from different sectors, including nonprofits, foundations, and professional service firms. They are also based on local market rates and differentiated by geography. You’ll start with 16 days of vacation, 10 days of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive cultural and religious holidays and your birthday. Our competitive health package includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance, and our retirement package includes a 401(k) plan that is fully vested from day one. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page
to learn more.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement
prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses, and all applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.