ABOUT OUTRIGHT ACTION INTERNATIONAL
Founded in 1990, Outright Action International strives to help lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and queer (LGBTIQ) people live safer, healthier, and more empowered lives worldwide. With staff in 16 countries and global headquarters in New York City, Outright documents human rights violations, helps resource LGBTIQ movements and allies, and advocates for the rights of LGBTIQ people.
Outright is currently seeking an experienced and solutions-oriented nonprofit administrator to serve as Senior Executive Assistant. This person will have a diverse portfolio of work and play an essential, behind-the-scenes role in helping ensure the strongest possible leadership of Outright.
The selected candidate will support the Executive Director and coordinate and manage processes and logistics between Outright’s global Board of Directors and the Executive Director. This position will be based in New York, City and will report to the Executive Director and work closely with Outright’s senior leadership.
The Senior Executive Assistant will be a reliable and proactive nonprofit professional with experience in board management and engagement, calendar management, executive support, preparing board packs ahead of board meetings, taking board minutes, research, and writing. They will feel confident supporting a busy executive(s) in person and remotely and working across teams to support the Executive Director’s priorities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supporting recurring administrative needs for a busy Executive Director at a global organization, including but not limited to, scheduling high-level appointments with other busy leaders across varying timezones, collecting vital information and conducting research to prepare the Executive Director for meetings, offering logistical support, processing expense reimbursements and carrying out other similar administrative support responsibilities.
- Serve as point person for Outright’s board of directors, including facilitating board communication, organizing Board and Board committee meetings, compiling and editing Board documents, properly and legally recording all Board minutes and votes and supporting the proper facilitating of all Board matters.
- Assist with planning and support (e.g. catering, tech, facilitation and logistics) for Board gatherings
- Project management of core internal executive events, including tri-annual Board Meetings, periodic Executive Team retreats, and supporting other operational infrastructure.
- Support the drafting and editing of correspondence for the Executive Director
- Altogether support the better organization of the Executive Director and senior management team
- Conduct research for the Executive Director, when needed
- Other duties as assigned, including project management of special projects and initiatives.
- An understanding, passion and commitment for LGBTIQ human rights in a global context
- 8+ years of experience supporting a busy executive
- 4+ years working with Boards of Directors in a nonprofit setting, with experience and comfort taking Board minutes, Robert’s Rules and other Board rules of engagement
- Exceedingly detail-oriented and committed to efficiency and a demonstrated history of bringing more organization in fast-paced environments
- Proven ability to work efficiently and collaboratively with many stakeholders and manage multiple projects while being a committed team player
- A true and demonstrated attention to detail, particularly in relation to managing an executive’s schedule,
- Strong writing and communication skills, with comfort in communicating with busy and important leaders, including diplomats, politicians and other leaders
- Proficient in Google Suite, Excel, Zoom, CRMs and other admin software
- A commitment to discretion, particularly in relation to human resources, confidentiality and safety and security concerns
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply via BambooHR at this link. (https://outrightinternational.bamboohr.com/careers/57). At this link, you will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume.
Outright is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, transgender/gender-variant individuals, and individuals from the Global South are strongly encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do not call.