An early career, analytical problem-solver who will provide critical, broad-based HR support to Arabella Advisors' managed nonprofit organization clients.
The Senior HR Assistant is a member of a growing team of HR consultants at Arabella Advisors who provides expertise-based services to a suite of non-profit organizations with whom Arabella works, primarily the New Venture Fund. In this role, you will execute core operational HR process administration and address a high volume of HR inquiries for Arabella's nonprofit clients. This is a full-time position.
- Provide exceptional, expert HR service on a range of HR topics to client staff and internal stakeholders, communicating quickly, effectively and efficiently, and meeting client service standards, case management protocols, and team backup plans
- Manage or support regular processes and ad hoc projects associated with personnel programs, including, but not limited to: benefits administration, employment changes, terminations, compensation, leave administration, investigations, trainings, compliance, worker review and procurement, etc.
- Act as dedicated HR account manager for specific assigned clients, liaising with client contacts and internal account teams.
- Maintain and deploy working knowledge of relevant laws, policies, procedures, and benefit plans.
- Support open enrollment(s) among client organizations, and associated benefits renewal processes and vendor relationships
- Point of contact for designated vendor relationships, liaising with vendors and advocating for staff as necessary
- Support content development associated with HR resources, intranet and proactive communication efforts. Identify, champion and develop new resources as needs arise
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in HR.
- Experience in employee benefits administration a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint capabilities desired, and exposure to data administration and data visualization a plus.
- Exposure to standard labor laws (ADA, FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, state disability laws, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence.
- Experience in professional services environment, PEO or similar highly desired. Strong client service and interpersonal skills such as tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to manage high volume of tasks with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Deeply inclined towards accountability to timelines, service level agreements, metrics, and excellence.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to take a thoughtful approach to addressing challenges.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field.
- Exposure to Salesforce and its reporting/dashboard functionality preferred.