Chicago Foundation for Women (CFW) is a public foundation working to advance gender equity, which we believe to be inherently interconnected with racial, economic, and health equity. CFW envisions a world in which all women and girls, transgender, and gender nonbinary people have the opportunity to thrive in safe, just, and healthy communities. We celebrate the spectrum of identities and experiences of women and girls, uplift their leadership and center the voices of the community to achieve true equity. To support our philanthropy, the Foundation promotes increased investment in women and girls, raises awareness about their issues and potential, and develops them as leaders and philanthropists. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded over $45 million to hundreds of organizations that help achieve its mission of gender equity across the Chicago region.
CFW looks at the broad spectrum of needs of all women. We support the areas of freedom from violence, economic security, and access to health, which we see as integrally related and are paths forward toward an equitable society.
Chicago Foundation for Women (CFW) is committed to becoming an anti-racist institution. The Foundation is in the midst of change, from an institution that tolerates racial and identity differences to one that excites these differences as powerful tools for systemic, anti-racist change. CFW is committed to engaging in continual analysis and essential restructuring to ensure the Foundation’s way of being is one that wields a shared power and holds itself accountable to racially oppressed groups to achieve its gender equity goal.
About the Special Events & Marketing Associate Position:
This is a new position at the Foundation. The Special Events & Marketing Associate will assist with the coordination and implementation of revenue generating and community events for Chicago Foundation for Women. In collaboration with the Special Events Manager, the Director of Communications and Events Marketing, the Chief Development Officer and other team members, the Associate will assist in developing and executing strategies to expand and engage our community of stakeholders.
How the Special Events & Marketing Associate Breaks Down:
Event Coordination (60%)
- Support the team with various aspects of planning and organizing events, and meetings; including drafting agendas, preparing program and event invitations and materials, drafting outreach letters to potential speakers, maintaining project timelines and tracking event budgets.
- On occasion, serve as on-site lead, making event-related decisions, troubleshooting problems and ensuring a positive event experience for the stakeholders.
- Assist with creating and communicating runs of show, event set up and tear down, and troubleshooting problems in collaboration with the Special Events Manager.
- Create or manage the creation of event collateral such as mailing lists, sponsorship packets, surveys, and more.
- Provide staff support to help secure event sponsors and participants.
- Support the Special Event Manager by tracking registration and attendance in Raiser’s Edge, as well as create reports, lists, and diagrams that meet each event’s needs.
- Coordinate post-event follow-up, including thank you emails/letters and other administrative items.
Administrative Support (30%)
- Respond to email and phone inquiries related to the events or redirecting to the appropriate parties as necessary for follow up.
- Process contracts, invoices, and payment for all vendors.
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure that inclusive Chicago Foundation for Women voices and stories are represented in our work.
- Attend and actively participate in required educational programs and departmental and staff meetings.
- Protect CFW’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Attend events to represent CFW and/or keep abreast of event planning techniques, as needed.
- Support and affirm the Foundation’s anti-racism work by participating in workshops and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position operates primarily in an office environment that is accessible. Some work at off-site locations may be required, and those may not necessarily be fully accessible.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, video conferencing services, scanners, and filing cabinets. Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Travel between the main office and other locations may be required.
- This position requires attendance during business hours from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, with 2 remote workdays.
- Occasional night and weekend hours are required.
- Workplace is a smoke and drug-free environment.
- CFW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. CFW does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. CFW is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
- COVID-19 vaccine documentation must be provided within two weeks after the start date. If you believe you qualify for an exception from the requirements of this policy, for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, you must provide a letter (on letterhead) from your doctor or clergy to the Human Resources Manager. The Foundation will explore potential reasonable accommodations for you that would not cause undue hardship to the Foundation. However, such reasonable accommodations are not required and cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to details and follow-through
- Solid organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Works effectively with all levels of staff and volunteers; team player
- Flexible and adaptable style
- Passionately supports, understands, and can communicate the Foundation’s mission.
CFWs offers a competitive compensation package for all positions. Comprehensive benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, 403B plan with an employer non-elective contribution, vacation, paid leave and sabbatical policies. Salary is $45,000.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter articulating how their skills and experience meet the responsibilities noted above with a resume to [email protected].
- Subject line should read: Your Name + Special Events & Marketing Associate
- No phone calls please
CFW seeks to fill this position as soon as possible and will work actively to build a diverse pool of candidates.