Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance team. The position reports to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial information. We need you to be highly organized and detail and deadline-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously. The right candidate has outstanding client service skills, operates independently with minimal direction, and enjoys working in a fast paced, mission driven environment.
- Record weekly cash receipts and cash transactions
- Maintain fixed asset and lease schedules, depreciation, amortization, and resolve discrepancies.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate month-end close procedures including preparation of journal entries, resolving discrepancies, metrics reports, and GL and bank account reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly financial statements and other ad hoc reports, as needed.
- Manage tax schedules for Arabella entities annual partnership returns
- Manage sales and use tax and local tax jurisdiction reporting including research, analysis and preparation of returns
- Work closely with our registered agent to manage and track the multiple state business registrations and annual compliance requirements
- Serve as back-up for financial management support for a portfolio of family foundation clients
- Assist with preparation of the annual audit
- Support the Assistant Controller and the Accounting Manager with special projects
To Be Successful in This Position, You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, and a minimum of two years’ relevant accounting experience
- Understanding of basic accounting principles including accrual accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- A strong work ethic, well-organized and a self-starter; ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
- Ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Intermediate Excel skills