Vice President of Corporate & Institutional Partnerships
The Trevor Project
About The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
For more information on The Trevor Project, please visit their website:
The Vice President of Corporate & Institutional Partnerships will be responsible for leading the vision, strategy, and management of the organization’s growing Institutional Partnerships team. We are seeking a leader with a proven track record of leading high performing teams and building complex, mutually beneficial partnerships with corporations, foundations, and government funders. Day-to-day responsibilities include leading the team to ensure that organizational goals are met, and all partners have a positive experience. Long-term responsibilities include overseeing the performance and development of the team and working collaboratively with leaders across the organization to drive innovation so the organization can end LGBTQ youth suicide. The Vice President will need to be a strong, tactical manager as well as an inspirational leader.
Who You Are
- Collaborative. You are a cross functional and departmental leader. You set a strong example of how to build successful teams across divisions. You have a healthy sense of competition and strive to help your team meet and exceed their goals.
- People leader. You know how to develop individuals professionally, and how to lead empathetically.
- Strategic Thinker. You are a high-level strategic thinker. You are bold and creative in order to develop new and innovative pathways for funding.
- Visionary. You are ready to inspire a team and help them and the Trevor Project succeed toward their ﬁnancial goals. You are instrumental in leading the next phase that will attract high level, transformational partnerships as part of the next phase of growth.
- Results-focused. You set clear timelines and drive projects to completion. You know that delivering on goals and metrics is the key to having a signiﬁcant impact and growing our programs. And you’re at home in a fast-paced work environment.
- Innovative. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved.
- Experienced. You’ve led the corporate and other institutional (foundations and government) fundraising strategies for organizational growth.
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage complex projects at once. You can communicate clearly and concisely. The moment you see a problem, you quickly come up with solutions and then implement them.
- Culturally Sensitive. You understand what it means to be exposed to contexts different from the US with sensitivity, humility, and diplomacy.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What You’ll Do
- Establish a clear vision and strategy that enables The Trevor Project to signiﬁcantly grow our institutional partnerships with corporations, foundations, and government funders
- Serve as a partner to the Vice President of Individual Philanthropy and other stakeholders across the organization
- Mentor, empower, and coach the Director of Foundation and Government Grants and Director of Corporate Partnerships to effectively lead their teams
- Lead and inspire the Institutional Partnerships team to ensure team accountability, strategic alignment, and results, including accomplishing organizational goals and ensuring that all partners have a positive experience reﬂective of the organization
- Ensure that all members of the team have a productive but manageable workload, clear goals and expectations, a clear plan for professional development, and the tools and resources needed to be effective in their role
- Oversee priority projects, partnerships, campaigns, and strategies, providing clear input on some and leading on others
- Serve as a key representative of the organization in efforts to build highly effective corporate, foundation, and government funder partnerships, cultivate new relationships, and ensure the growth of existing ones to support the organization’s ability to expand and serve more LGBTQ youth globally
- Represent the organization in speaking engagements, conferences, and other opportunities
- Other tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for various gender affirmation surgeries (and we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life)
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement and a reimbursement to outﬁt your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Koya Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Michelle Bonoan and Christy Farrell of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express interest in this role, please submit your materials here (https://talent-profile.diversifiedsearchgroup.com/search/v2/18205), or email Michelle and Christy directly at [email protected] and [email protected] All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email [email protected] If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit http://www.koyapartners.com.