28octAll Day2019 AIDS Philanthropy Summit(All Day: monday)
Funders Concerned About AIDS (FCAA) will convene its 2019 AIDS Philanthropy Summit on October 28-29, 2019 at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
Funders Concerned About AIDS (FCAA) will convene its 2019 AIDS Philanthropy Summit on October 28-29, 2019 at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. The FCAA Summit is the premier national conference for grantmakers interested in HIV/AIDS and social justice-related philanthropy, attracting approximately 200 foundation leaders and experts in the field annually. This year’s theme is:
“Keeping AIDS in the Headlines: Maintaining Focus, Expanding Priorities”
At this year’s summit we will explore what it means to be an AIDS funder in 2019, discussing topics such as:
- What is the way forward, AIDS exceptionalism or AIDS mainstreaming?
- How and why do funders center HIV within other priorities?
- How do funders measure success when funding HIV work that intersects with other drivers?
This year’s theme – and our new venue – also presents an opportunity to look at AIDS funding through a unique lens. Media – in all its forms – has the power both to reach the communities most impacted by HIV, as well as to inform and amplify our work. It is also a platform that can be used to ensure that HIV/AIDS stays top-of-mind, even as funding and programming becomes increasingly integrated.
Our media focus will explore the role of funders in:
- Ensuring AIDS remains in the headlines;
- Using the media to effectively address HIV care, prevention, and treatment; and
- Successfully countering media inaccuracies about HIV/AIDS.
This year’s roster of sessions and speakers is inspiring. We look forward to seeing you and to conversations that will undoubtedly lead to concrete actions steps for HIV/AIDS funders. Registration is now open!