Funders for LGBTQ Issues, The Chicago Community Trust, and Forefront invite you to join us for a funder briefing on LGBTQ philanthropy in Chicago and the Midwest. In 2020, Funding Forward - the
Funders for LGBTQ Issues, The Chicago Community Trust, and Forefront invite you to join us for a funder briefing on LGBTQ philanthropy in Chicago and the Midwest.
In 2020, Funding Forward – the annual gathering of grantmakers committed to LGBTQ issues – returns to the Midwest for the first time since 2016. In the intervening years, funding for LGBTQ issues across the region has remained flat while overall LGBTQ funding has increased. In fact, in 2017, the Midwest had the lowest funding per LGBTQ adult of any region in the country. In Illinois, funding for LGBTQ issues has been slowly decreasing since 2015.
Join us for this lunchtime briefing to learn more about the state of LGBTQ philanthropy across the Midwest, the important LGBTQ work happening in Chicago, and how you can be a part of Funding Forward 2020.
Special thanks to our Funding Forward 2020 Host Sponsor, The Chicago Community Trust, for hosting this important conversation!
- Welcome Remarks
- Helene D. Gayle, President & CEO for The Chicago Community Trust
- Data Presentation
- Lyle Matthew Kan, Vice President of Research & Communication, Funders for LGBTQ Issues;
- Kristina Wertz, Vice President of Engagement & Philanthropic Outreach, Funders for LGBTQ Issues
- Local Movement Leader Panel
- Kim Hunt, Executive Director of the Pride Action Tank;
- Mary Morton, President of the Morten Group;
- Héctor Torres, Chief Programs Officer at the Center on Halsted;
- LaSaia Wade, Executive Director of Brave Space Alliance
Please note, this event is intended only for grantmakers. Registration is open to representatives from any grantmaking entity or philanthropic infrastructure organization.